- Published on November 22, 2015Updates on Japan's Recession, half of New York City economically in trouble, ACA deductibles undermine affordability, Million student March, another crooked capitalist. Response to listeners on private vs public enterprises. Major topics: small vs big business and big ideas not being discussed in campaigns.
- Published on November 15, 2015
Updates on Greek and Portuguese austerity struggles, obesity and Coca Cola, importance of U of Missouri, JC Penney's fake sales, and Macy's urgent sales. Response to listeners on politics, economics of TPP. Major discussions of (1) upcoming FED decision on interest rates and (2) economic causes of gentrified US cities.
- Published on November 8, 2015Updates on capitalism vs higher education, real costs of apps, how other half banks. In depth analyses of projected economic downturn in 2016, capitalist inequality and housing changes, and how capitalism affects sports.
- Published on November 1, 2015
Today's episode includes updates on Obama harshness re student debt, how much corps and rich abuse tax havens, MIT rejects fossil-fuel divestment, profit over safety at tylenol company. Prof. Wolff responds to listener on where US economy headed now. Interview life-long high school teacher Alan Schulman on teaching economics after the 2008 crisis: problems and prospects.
- Published on October 25, 2015Updates on monster merger in beer, buying the US presidency, homeless in Hawaii, Canada's election results. Response to listener's question on relation of individualism to capitalism and socialism. Major discussion of history of socialism vs. capitalism with focus on specific place of democratic socialism.
- Published on October 24, 2015
Prof. Wolff opens up the Rosa Luxemburg Conference in NYC on 08-21-2015. Topic of the talk is Rosa Luxemburg.
- Published on October 18, 2015
Saving capitalism, looming economic downturn, Berlin 250,000 against TTIP, US plan to give Puerto Rican taxes to banks. Response to question on planning. Interview: Laura Flanders, independent journalist on coops vs capitalism.
- Published on October 11, 2015Updates on Planned Parenthood, Irish and French unions' initiatives. Responses to questions on the VW scandal and the TPP deals. In depth update and analysis of the ongoing Crisis in Greece with Prof. Harry Konstantinides.
Prof. Wolff on Tell Somebody, a weekly public affairs program on KKFI-FM 90.1, Kansas City community radio.Published on October 4, 2015
Professor Wolff sat down for a conversation with Tell Somebody.
- Published on October 4, 2015
Updates on Swedish plan for peaceful transition beyond capitalism, ripoffs in car insurance, Ferguson, MO credit downgrade. Response to listeners on the CA drought and on best solution for corporate abuses like VW's. Major discussions of (1) what class means and what is at stake in different meanings, and (2) guaranteed income vs guaranteed jobs.
- Published on September 30, 2015On September 13, 2015 Prof. Wolff spoke at All Souls Forum in Kansas City, Capitalism is relocating to new centers in China, India, Brazil. In its old centers like the U.S., economic prospects darken. Worker incomes stagnate. Multinational businesses force governments to lower their taxes and then either raise personal taxes, cut public services or both. Decline results, but alternatives exist. Changing the organization of our enterprises, according to Prof. Wolff offers a way to a better future.
Click here to listen to audio of Prof.