- Published on April 12, 2015AUDIO
Updates on inadequate unemployment insurance, Ted Cruz's campaign money, law giving domestic workers real benefits, and demonizing the poor. Responses to questions on California drought and US medical system's experiments on people. Interview with Yochai Gal on TechCollectives he organized: two successful worker coops.
- Published on April 12, 2015VIDEO
“Basic Economic Changes Today: Within and Beyond Capitalism” Judson Memorial Church Assembly Hall 239 Thompson Street at Washington Square, Manhattan Co-sponsored by Democracy at Work, Left Forum, and Judson Memorial Church These programs begin with 30 minutes of short updates on important economic events of the last month. Then Wolff analyzes several major economic issues. For this April 8, these will include: 1. Basic Economic Changes: From Anti-austerity to Anti-capitalism 2.
- Published on April 5, 2015AUDIOUpdates on car parts industry, German courts cut Uber, Russia's economy grows despite sanctions, no recovery in declining teaching positions for new US PhDs in humanities, and huge Mexican strikes against Driscoll berries produced for US. Responses to listeners on (1) countries' currency manipulations and (2) role of unions in workers' coops. Interview Dr. Harriet Fraad, mental health counsellor, on how capitalism's changes since 1970s have disrupted the personal lives of US men and women and creative solutions.
- Published on March 29, 2015AUDIO
Updates on Trans-Pacific Partnership secrets, the Heinz-Kraft merger, the overly costly, underperforming US medical care system, fines for Graco selling faulty child car-seats, China’s real-estate bubble, and estate tax repeal by Republican House. Response to listener on property: private versus public. Major discussion of how system change happened in the past and and how in capitalism today.
- Published on March 22, 2015AUDIOUpdates on Yellen press conference,"Blockupy" protests in Europe against ECB and austerity, New York mayor DiBlasio signs bill for worker coops, and important fight over closing Sweet Briar college. Interview with veteran reporter Bob Hennelly on economics of US political corruption with special focus on his native New Jersey.
- Published on March 17, 2015VIDEO
Professor Wolff examines how and why capitalism's crisis following the sub-prime lending debacle is actually deepening - not nearing an end as reported by most media. Additionally, Wolff explains how the social impact of that crisis in the US, Greece, Spain, and beyond are building to a historic change in our world.
- Published on March 15, 2015AUDIO
Updates on pizza politics, changing currency values, and tax-cutting politicians’ wild claims. Responses on workers coops’ competitiveness and on ‘unfree’ agricultural markets. Interview Walter South on economics of housing and dangerous economics of US cities and suburbs.
Prof. Wolff on The Real News Network: "U.S. Workers Returning to Labor Force with Part-time Jobs and Stagnant Wages"Published on March 9, 2015VIDEO
Prof. Wolff discusses with Jessica Desvarieux of The Real News Network the latest unemployment figures, and says the raising of interest rates by the Federal Reserve during a weak recovery would be disastrous for our heavily indebted society.
TRANSCRIPTS JESSICA DESVARIEUX, TRNN PRODUCER: Welcome to The Real News Network. I'm Jessica Desvarieux in Baltimore.