The Economic Crisis
- Published on April 28, 2016VIDEO
Prof. Wolff joins David Pakman to discuss the implications of the Panama Papers leak.
- Published on April 27, 2016VIDEO
Prof. Wolff speaks to The Levy Economics Institute. Sponsored by: Economics Club; Economics Program; Hannah Arendt Center; Levy Economics Institute.
- Published on April 21, 2016VIDEO
Prof. Wolff analyzes the economy of the US from a Marxist perspective. Capitalism yields an unequal distribution of wealth, creating unsold products, resultant from production power exceeding the purchasing power of the bulk of society. Credit is then created to fill the gap until the credit cannot be repaid. The system collapses, and the elite cause the victims of the collapse to be taxed en masse, to reset the system for another round.
- Published on April 17, 2016AUDIOOn this week's episode of Economic Update, Prof. Wolff provides updates on IMF, Panama Papers and tax evasion, workers fighting back. Major discussions of economics of prisons and sugar babies and of how worker coops might have changed the USSR and China.
- Published on April 14, 2016VIDEO
The Varieties of Socialism: An Economic Analysis
- Published on April 10, 2016AUDIO
On this week's episode of Economic Update, Prof. Wolff provides updates on tax issues: Panama Papers, corp tax rates, tax-avoiding "inversions" and Yale's tax avoidance. Part 2 of interview with Dr. Harriet Fraad: capitalist efficiency produces human inefficiency and what to do about it.
- Published on April 10, 2016VIDEO
Prof. Wolff joins Sophie Shevardnadze of RT America to discuss the American Election campaign.
- Published on April 3, 2016AUDIO
Updates on China's rising wages, lethal overdoses and economic crisis, courts worsen Puerto Rico's crisis, moving jobs to Mexico, and Florida governor tries to help Yale evade taxes. Major discussions of minimum wage debates, workers without college degrees, and workers coops as key to doing better than capitalism."
- Published on March 28, 2016AUDIO
On this week's episode of Economic Update, Prof. Wolff provides updates on top bankers' pay, bad auto corps' decisions, deflation, and socialist economics. Interview with Dr. Harriet Fraad on capitalism and personal life.