- Published on February 4, 2016VIDEO
Demands for Basic Economic Change Keep Growing
Co-sponsored by Democracy at Work, Left Forum, and Judson Memorial Church
These programs begin with 30 minutes of short updates on important economic events of the last month. Then Prof. Wolff analyzes several major economic issues. For this February, these will include:
- Published on January 3, 2016AUDIO
This episode provides updates on economics vs. the "free press," Nevada vs. public education and bikes displacing cars in Europe. We also respond to listeners' questions on the economics of closed ACA health co-ops and on inflation's dangers and impacts. Finally, we have major discussions on the Massachusetts Senate bill to tax rich universities and answering the question: "What is Capitalism?"
- Published on December 27, 2015AUDIOUpdates on Spain's new left government, no NFL money for concussion research, Harvard runs like a business, Fresno research proves widespread hunger. Responses to questions on why corps buyback own shares and why the "new" gig economy is not new. Major topic: comparing old socialism (govt intervenes in economy) to new socialism (democratizing the enterprise).
- Published on December 22, 2015VIDEO
Prof. Wolff spoke at the "Democracy Rising" workshop at the Brooklyn Commons sponsored by the Global Center for Action Studies .
This article originally appeared at Truth-out.org
Capitalism, like a speeding train, barreled into a stone wall in 2008. Shocked and dazed, its leaders have been trying to "recover." By that, they mean to fix the mangled tracks, reposition the locomotive and cars on those tracks and resume forward motion. No basic economic change, in their view, is needed or even considered. They see no absurdity in such a "recovery plan" - just as they saw no approaching catastrophe in the years leading up to 2008.
- Published on December 13, 2015VIDEO
Professor Wolff joins David Pakman to discuss the the future of employment in the context of automation and technological unemployment.
- Published on November 16, 2015VIDEO
Professor Richard Wolff appeared at a fundraiser for KPFT 90.1 FM in Houston. He gives a compelling speech on what ails America and provides solutions. The second video is a Q&A session with the attendees.
- Published on November 2, 2015VIDEO
- Published on November 1, 2015AUDIO
Today's episode includes updates on Obama harshness re student debt, how much corps and rich abuse tax havens, MIT rejects fossil-fuel divestment, profit over safety at tylenol company. Prof. Wolff responds to listener on where US economy headed now. Interview life-long high school teacher Alan Schulman on teaching economics after the 2008 crisis: problems and prospects.
- Published on October 24, 2015AUDIO
Prof. Wolff opens up the Rosa Luxemburg Conference in NYC on 08-21-2015. Topic of the talk is Rosa Luxemburg.