- Published on May 3, 2015AUDIO
Updates on May Day holiday, Baltimore uprising, Nepal earthquake/poverty, Varoufakis vs repression, and Bud Light pushing beer by endangering women. Response to listener’s questions on varieties of coops. Interview with Prof. Yahya Madra on Turkey, Capitalism, and Islam.
- Published on April 28, 2015VIDEO
Prof. Wolff joins David Pakman to discuss ride sharing services like Uber and Lyft and the impact they have on local economies and regulated taxi services.
- Published on April 26, 2015AUDIOUpdates on UK elections, crisis's long-term effects, Kansas demonizes the poor, and the mustard-ketchup economic war. Responses to listeners on child-support economics and car production moving to Mexico. Major discussions: capitalism and war - a history, new stages of Cuban socialism and US Cuba-policy, the high stakes of Greece's economic situation.
- Published on April 24, 2015VIDEO
The Writers House at Merrimack College presents Richard Wolff"Taboo Broken: New Critical Writing About Capitalism"
- Published on April 19, 2015AUDIOUpdates on Bernanke's new big-bucks finance job, GM avoids billions in victims' claims for faulty ignitions, Seattle capitalist raises all workers to minimum $70k/yr, Americans' self-delusion on inequality, private profit trumps public policy, and anti-student-debt activism. Responses to listeners: impact on China if capitalism's relocation stopped. Major discussions of economics of wages and prices, narrowness of economics education, and basic global economic development issue.
- Published on April 12, 2015AUDIO
Updates on inadequate unemployment insurance, Ted Cruz's campaign money, law giving domestic workers real benefits, and demonizing the poor. Responses to questions on California drought and US medical system's experiments on people. Interview with Yochai Gal on TechCollectives he organized: two successful worker coops.
- Published on April 12, 2015VIDEO
“Basic Economic Changes Today: Within and Beyond Capitalism” Judson Memorial Church Assembly Hall 239 Thompson Street at Washington Square, Manhattan Co-sponsored by Democracy at Work, Left Forum, and Judson Memorial Church These programs begin with 30 minutes of short updates on important economic events of the last month. Then Wolff analyzes several major economic issues. For this April 8, these will include: 1. Basic Economic Changes: From Anti-austerity to Anti-capitalism 2.
- Published on April 5, 2015AUDIOUpdates on car parts industry, German courts cut Uber, Russia's economy grows despite sanctions, no recovery in declining teaching positions for new US PhDs in humanities, and huge Mexican strikes against Driscoll berries produced for US. Responses to listeners on (1) countries' currency manipulations and (2) role of unions in workers' coops. Interview Dr. Harriet Fraad, mental health counsellor, on how capitalism's changes since 1970s have disrupted the personal lives of US men and women and creative solutions.
- Published on March 29, 2015AUDIO
Updates on Trans-Pacific Partnership secrets, the Heinz-Kraft merger, the overly costly, underperforming US medical care system, fines for Graco selling faulty child car-seats, China’s real-estate bubble, and estate tax repeal by Republican House. Response to listener on property: private versus public. Major discussion of how system change happened in the past and and how in capitalism today.